This German blackcurrant cakeis a good idea if you want to use blackcurrant. In German in it called Schwarzer Johannisbeerkuchen.
This cake is composed of a crust covered with a preparation with blackcurrants.
On our Instagram account, red_frying_pan asked us for the recipe.
So here is our recipe for a big German blackcurrant cake (we halved the quantities because it was too much for us).
The french recipe is online : gâteau allemand au cassis.
Ingredients for the German Blackcurrant Cake
- 500 g of blackcurrant (cassis)
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 125 g almond powder
- 100 g sugar + 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 eggs
- Icing Sugar
Preparation of the German Blackcurrant Cake
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator a few hours before preparing the cake so that it’s at room temperature
- Mix the flour with the 5 tablespoons of sugar and the butter until you get a sand-like mixture.
- Add 1 egg
- Knead the dough until it’s not sticky anymore
- Film the dough with kitchen film and leave it to rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 190°C – 374°F – Thermostat 6-7
- Clean the blackcurrants, remove the green part (the stem) if necessary, just keep the dark « berries »
- Separate the whites of the 3 remaining eggs from the yolks
- Mix the yolks with 50 g of sugar until the mixture turns creamy.
- Stir almonds into the yolks
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining 50 g of sugar until fluffy, until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then add the blackcurrants
- Grease a 26 cm diameter circular springform mold
- Flour the table and then spread the first dough (the one that lies in the refrigerator), it should be about 5 millimeters thick
- Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork
- Pour the blackcurrant mixture over the dough, level the top
- Bake for about 40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, leave to rest for 5 minutes and then remove from the form
- Leave to cool then sprinkle with icing sugar
Our online presences
A comment, an opinion, a little hello… are always appreciated, and above all we are attentive to your ideas, reproaches… to make this blog and our presence on the net evolve.
Also if you cook or bake one of our recipes, indicate us the link of your publication or send us the photo of your realization to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the recipe, we will try to add it to the original recipe by indicating that you are the cook😉